Sunday, September 23, 2012

Puget Sound Artichoke Salad


We have a huge abundance of kale in our garden and today I re-discovered a really yummy salad recipe with kale.  I had found this recipe last year, but forgot about it and when I remembered it the other day, I couldn't find the recipe anywhere.

Ingredients:

* 1 can non-marinated artichoke hearts
* 1/2 of a Green, Red and Yellow bell pepper
* 1/2 Red onion
* One bunch of Kale
* Kalamata olives (I usually get them in bulk and only buy 1/4 lb or less...they are really pricey)
* Feta cheese
* Safflower oil
* white wine vinegar
* Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

I really just guess when making this salad...I usually add enough kale til it looks about the right size of salad I want, then add everything else until the ingredients look equal.  When I add the safflower oil and white wine vinegar, I just drizzle enough to coat the salad, then season, taste and add where need be.

Enjoy!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment